(4) Here are my major traveling companions, from left: my big brother Mitch, mom, Nicki (Mitch's girlfriend and more like a sister to me) and nephew Judd. Judd arrived from New York by himself and we picked him up at a train station near the villa. This is Venice, a few days before we left Italy. Judd just finished with law school and this trip was a present from his father. That's how the whole vacation started.
(2) We met my sister Jill (left), her partner Stefana (3rd from left), and Stefana's brother Greg, at the villa. They were with us half of the trip. Jill is having an art show in Germany, and that's where they arrived from. Greg came in from Ireland by train. This picture is in Siena, our second day out touring in the Hill Country.
(1) The beautiful tile work here is found on one of the floors in the Vatican Museum. Mom arranged the three hour tour with a guide before we arrived in Rome (second day out). I definitely advise visitors to do this, if you want to learn a bit about what you're viewing.
(5) The Roman soldier was hanging out at the Trevi Fountain, getting his picture taken with tourists. Actually, there aren't a lot of reenactors wandering on the streets, but I thought he was special.
(3) It was unbelievable, all the grapevines (and olive trees). EVERYWHERE! Not only in large vineyards, but in people's backyard. Italians must make their own wine, or know someone who does!
As always, more photos (and videos) to come!